The RAA conducted audit advocacy programme to first time Gup elects and to students of three Premier Colleges, namely:
- Gyalposhing College of Information Technology on 10th May 2022;
- Sherubtse College, Kanglung, Trashigang on 11th May 2022; and
- Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, Dewathang on 12th May 2022
On 11th May, 2022, the Auditor General made presentation to 46 first time elected Gups at Sherubtse College in Trashigang to promote and create awareness on:
- Public accountability and accountability fixation procedures;
- RAA’s mandate and jurisdictions;
- Audit services and citizen’s responsibilities in public financial management; and
- Internal control framework to minimize acts of errors, fraud and corruptions.
The programme was organized by the Department of Local Governance.
As a part of audit advocacy program, the Auditor General also made presentations to the students of three premier Colleges with a special focus on changing mindset of the youth who are considered as future leaders in the Country.
The presentations sensitized the young minds on ill effects of corruption in the country and economic development besides the damages it brings on life of individuals and family members. The Auditor General also encouraged setting up of Integrity Clubs in the colleges and keeping it vibrant. The students were assured of RAA’s necessary support for the activities initiated by the Integrity Clubs in colleges for the promotion of integrity, accountability, transparency.
The Auditor General also met with the officials and staff of the Office of the Assistant Auditor General, Samdrup Jongkhar. This is his first visit to the regional office after his appointment to the post in 2020 and urged them to put extra efforts and strive towards leading by example.